Mission, Values & Principles
Our mission is to provide affordable, secure and financially and environmentally sustainable housing for people on low incomes primarily in the South and East of Melbourne, who are committed to cooperative democracy and engagement.
Cooperatives are based on the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity. In the tradition of their founders, cooperative members believe in the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
In addition to these values, seven basic international principles serve as guidelines to provide a democratic structure for SouthEast and co-ops around the world.
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Member economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training and information
- Cooperation amongst cooperatives
- Concern for community
Strategic Goals 2017/2020
- Continue to provide housing and services to existing cooperative members.
- Increase the number of people housed by the cooperative.
- Increase the commitment of SouthEast members to cooperative principles and member engagem
Read a summary of SouthEast's 2017-2020 Strategic Plan here.