Published: 03 June 2014
A General Meeting of SouthEast Housing Co-operative Ltd in the evening of 26 May 2014 at the Dandenong Club was attended by 38 members with 26 members apologising for not being able to attend. The meeting received a Mid Year Report presented by the General Manager Ian McLaren. The Mid Year Report has been introduced by the board this year as a new measure of accounbtability and transparency to members. This was followed by a report on the Victorian Government's New Directions for Social Housing and the Community Housing Federation of Victoria's report on Making Social Housing Work presented by Deputy Chairperson and Secretary Andrea Lee. Following the reports there were discussion groups on the theme of Security of Tenure.
Each discussion group was asked to respond to all or any of six questions:
- What is security of tenure and housing in SouthEast?
- How should SouthEast respond to the Victorian Government’s proposal to transfer 12,000 public housing properties to community housing?
- Should SouthEast propose to the Vict6orian Government that it transfer to SouthEast the ownership of the 150 properties managed for DHS?
- How should SouthEast respond if the Victorian Government introduced an under-occupancy (bedroom) tax?
- What could the co-operative do to increase your sense of ownership?
- What could be done to facilitate community within SouthEast?
Twenty five (65.79%) of the 38 members attending the General Meeting completed a meeting evaluation questionnaire and provided these responses:
Was the information circulated before the meeting: Very Helpful 48% Helpful 52%
Were the presentations at the meeting: Very Helpful 52% Helpful 40 Adequate 8%
Was the discussion at the meeting: Very Hepful 60% Helpful 40%